• DEHIC is a central coordinating agency for the purchase of group health insurance
• DEHIC’s plan options cover active employees, their families and retirees
• The DEHIC Trustees meet monthly to perform their oversight activities of the DEHIC
• Technical and consultant support to DEHIC has been provided by Rose and Kiernan since 2003, and previously by Albany Health Associates since 1988. NOTE: As of 7/31/20, Rose and Kiernan was acquired by NFP. Rose and Kiernan is now an NFP company.
• DEHIC has a number of active committees working on current health insurance-related issues [e.g. Executive Committee; Product Development Committee]
• Treasurer functions to DEHIC are provided by the Dutchess County BOCES
DEHIC’s programs are experience rated [minimum premium]. It is similar to self-funding, but with a maximum liability amount which minimizes the risk to the consortium.
• DEHIC premiums are set annually with a fiscal year running from July through June 30
DEHIC’s Ongoing Focus:
• Management of costs and coverage, and its relation to member health
• Product Development
• Compliance with federal and state mandates
• Compliance with contractual eligibility standards
Recent Issues Addressed:
• A Year in Review [9/2020 – 6/2021]